A career with Polycontrols.
Our people are the cornerstone of our success. Our value-driven culture promotes the highest standards with regards to ethics, performance, innovation, health and safety.
We are always seeking for dedicated and experienced professionals, technicians and support staff. We also welcome new industrious self-starters who enjoy working in a team environment and want to pursue long-term careers in our industry.
We offer diverse and challenging jobs. Our corporate culture promotes a total solution perspective, job mentoring, commitment to professional standards, workforce stability, competitive remuneration and benefits and some fun.
We have the largest calibration laboratory in Canada and one of the few calibration laboratories in North America accredited to ISO / IEC 17025 for gas and liquid measurement. The latter serves the aerospace, pharmaceutical, research, semiconductor, biotechnology and industrial sectors.
All our calibrations meet the most stringent standards of Canadian & US authorities and retain traceability to national standards without any interruption in the chain of comparisons. We also offer process engineering, technical support and sales of specialized equipment for flow measurement. Our experienced team has been handling fluids and specialty gases for more than 35 years, providing our customers with expert advice and complete, integrated and turnkey systems.
Polycontrols offers a stimulating and dynamic work environment, constantly presenting new challenges!
Under the responsibility of the engineering director, the technician will be responsible for supporting the engineering by taking on the following functions:
- Configuration and programming of systems and software
- Programmable Controllers (Allen-Bradley)
- Operator Interfaces (Wonderware Intouch, Wonderware System Platform, FactoryTalk View ME)
- Dedicated controllers
- Carry out the verification of the control systems, perform the performance tests and complete the documentation according to the established procedure.
- Update plans and drawings.
- Carry out maintenance activities, set up routes and service calls. (Occasional business travel)
The work environment is very dynamic, the candidate will be surrounded by a team of technicians and engineers. In addition, he / she will have the opportunity to develop and follow targeted training programs.
- DEC instrumentation or industrial controls
- Electrical knowledge (system troubleshooting, plan reading)
- Programming skills
- Programmable logic controllers (IEC 1131-3: Ladder, ST, FDB, SFC)
- Rockwell Software Suite (RS Logix 5000, RS Logix 500, FTView ME)
- Wonderware Suite (InTouch, System Platform)
- C ++ or equivalent
- An asset: C #, Visual Basic, Visual Studio (.NET), SQL database, Sharepoint
- Knowledge in robotics is an asset. Programming RAPID ABB.
- Experience in complete system programming (PLC-HMI) is an asset.
- Autonomy, organization, teamwork
- Important: English
- Experience: Minimum 10 years
Technician - Calibration Laboratory
Information only available in french.